Friday, April 4, 2014

A few of my favorite things

The below images are some examples of items which I have created. 























Back in 2012, I created a piece, similar to this one, for me to wear as my own necklace.  It had a thinner watch movement with a few Swarovski crystals and metal wing with resin.  Well, it was nice and then I had lost it in my busy world of day-to-day activities, work and kids and etc.  So, I was a bit saddened about that and created this one to replace my lost one.  Then, as fate would have it, I found my original piece.  That meant that this piece could be sold.  This is an American Waltham Watch Company movement from 1921.  It is a bit thick but looks great.  The resin helps seal it and protect it. 























This is a ring, made from a heart shaped mold.  Resin was poured in and then a large pinch of some antique watch pieces were sprinkled inside.  What you have, is a resin heart with all of these interesting pieces inside of it, seemingly trapped inside, motionless.  The heart rests on a silver, metal, adjustable ring.
























This is a necklace made from a metal 1920's watch face for a pocket watch.  On top of the metal dial is a metal cross.  Then the cross has blue Swarovski crystals on the inside lined up and then a coat of resin over all of it.  I like this piece especially because of the 1920's font of the numbers on the watch face.

No comments:

Post a Comment